- it's the study of the relationship between the number of reactants needed to produce the product and the amount of product produced
What does it do?
- it allows us to find out the mole ratio in an equation
- mole ration tells us the ratio of the molecules or moles in a substance
- the numbers in the ratio = the numbers in front of the chemicals in a balanced equation
Sample questions that deal with Stoichiometry
1) 3NO2 + H20 --> 2HNO3 + NO
How many grams of nitrogen dioxide are required in this reaction to produce 5.00 g HNO3?
2 )CO + 2H2 --> CH3OH
If the reaction has 35.4 g of CO and 10.2 g of H2 how many grams of CH3OH will be produced?
3) 2N2O5 --> 4NO2 + O2
If a sample of N2O5 produces 1.618 g of O2, how many grams of NO2 are formed?
This is a tutorial on dealing with Stoichiometry. Enjoy!